30/11/16

Views

Replies

Created: 30/11/16
Views: 295
Replies: 4

Harry23 said,
Beginning of thread

I am 18 and struggling with myself at the moment, I know I am gay! I just want to talk to people but scared of what they'll think

Show more
Show less

Harry23 said,

O

Show more
Show less

dale said,

Hi Harry23, would you like to chat other guys going through a similar experience around your age? Would you be looking to meet people face-to-face or happy to keep things online? Let me know and I reckon there's a few great resources and outlets available.

Show more
Show less

Bloomy said,
End of thread

Hi Harry, I understand how you feel completely. I used to worry about what others thought also. It's taken me many years to work it out and looking back I should have done thought about it more when I was your age.

To worry about what other people think is not unusual. Many people do, but the key to realise is that you can't control what other people think. This means that you are spending vast amounts of time and energy on something that is beyond your control. I'll ask you a question... is it helping you? If it isn't then why do it?

Something that helped me was instead of thinking about "coming out" to people, think of it as "inviting them in". You're inviting them into your world by telling them one of the most private and intimate details of yourself. By telling someone you're Gay, you're bestowing an honour on them to know this information. You can choose who to tell and when to tell them. You have control.

Worry about the things that are in your control. Save your energy and use it to do other things that are way more important in your life than what other people think.

If they don't like what you tell them, it isn't your problem. You don't need their approval to know you're a good person. Be authentic, and honest, and have integrity and you'll have a great life.

Please make sure you reach out to your community of Gay friendly people if you need help or simply want to chat. It's important to surround yourself with likeminded people.

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply