11/06/19

Views

Replies

Created: 11/06/19
Views: 595
Replies: 13

Stephan said,
Beginning of thread

Where the hell do I find men I my situation to talk to about a lifetime of being in the closet and being too late to change things. I can't be the only older gay man who got msrried in the 70s to hide the fact that they were gay. There was a group called GAMMA - Gay and married men's association but that's now defunct.
Would be nice to know that there are others out there to talk to.
Just wondering

Show more
Show less

Stephan said,
Beginning of thread

Where the hell do I find men I my situation to talk to about a lifetime of being in the closet and being too late to change things. I can't be the only older gay man who got msrried in the 70s to hide the fact that they were gay. There was a group called GAMMA - Gay and married men's association but that's now defunct.
Would be nice to know that there are others out there to talk to.
Just wondering

Show more
Show less
Sailor said,

Hi Stephan. I'm in the same boat. I'm gay..finally came out to myself at least. Been married 27 years...three kids. Just an FYI...GAMMA is still around. I've found it to be a great resource.

Show more
Show less

dale said,

Hi Stephan, Sailor is right. GAMMA NSW is still alive and well in Sydney. You can check out their website at: https://www.gamma.org.au/

Unfortunately, there isn't a GAMMA group in every state or capital city, but hopefully this online forum can offer you a space to connect with likeminded guys.

Show more
Show less

Stephan said,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately online chats don't provide me with the level of understanding and acceptance I crave. Drinking coffee and talking shit across the table with others who are in the same situation as me would be such a relief.

Chatting on my phone is so impersonal.

Such a shame there is no GAMMA in Vic.

Again. Thanks for responding. Most appreciated.

Show more
Show less

Stephan said,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately online chats don't provide me with the level of understanding and acceptance I crave. Drinking coffee and talking shit across the table with others who are in the same situation as me would be such a relief.

Chatting on my phone is so impersonal.

Such a shame there is no GAMMA in Vic.

Again. Thanks for responding. Most appreciated.

Show more
Show less
Josh said,

Hi Stephan, thanks for your message. We are currently in the process of organising peer support sessions in Melbourne where like-minded guys could meet in a comfortable space and chat. Would this be something of interest to you?

Show more
Show less

Stephan said,

Yes. Very much so

Show more
Show less

Connectivity said,

Hi all. My name is John. Im 52 years of age and after 13 years of marriage and two kids, it took my marriage to fail (for a host of other unrelated reasons) for me to find the courage to come out as a gay man and dad. As painful as it can be to start anew it is nothing compared to the pain of living an inauthentic life. I am now in a relationship with a man I adore and my children live predominantly with me. I finally can be me and free. They're are many guys out there like us and I hope my little story can inspire some of you.... and them.

Show more
Show less

Connectivity said,

Hi all. My name is John. Im 52 years of age and after 13 years of marriage and two kids, it took my marriage to fail (for a host of other unrelated reasons) for me to find the courage to come out as a gay man and dad. As painful as it can be to start anew it is nothing compared to the pain of living an inauthentic life. I am now in a relationship with a man I adore and my children live predominantly with me. I finally can be me and free. They're are many guys out there like us and I hope my little story can inspire some of you.... and them.

Show more
Show less
Sailor said,

Hey there. I've been married for 28 years. I'm 58 and STILL in the closet. He pain and shame of living an unauthentic life has become almost unbearable at this point. I long for the day when I get the courage to come out as the gay man I am. It's wonderful to hear stories like yours. It gives me hope that I will one day be sharing my life with one of the proper gender..a man.

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply