14/06/17

Views

Replies

Created: 14/06/17
Views: 271
Replies: 4

Marcello said,
Beginning of thread

Greetings guys. I was happily married with 2 beautiful girls. I have always known about my sexuality and thought that I can have a secret life whilst still married. 10 years down, guilt and depression started hit me like a tonnes of bricks. At last 2.5 years ago, came out the whole family and some friends. Its hard but I'm happy that I have done it now and not later. I was prepared to loose everything as the law sides the ex wife. Still supporting the family as much as I can but sometimes gets too much. The ex absolutely hates me but I can't do much about it. Kids will find out and they'll grow out of it. I miss the happiness but not the life, I'm happier now due the fact that I don't need to hide. People can ask me why did I get married first of all, the answer is a lot of reasons. It is frowned upon at where I was from. After started living in Oz I took the chances and courages to come out.

Show more
Show less

James66 said,

Marcello that sounds very courageous and a really big thing to have done. So many of us marry because of the pressure from our society. You say you don't need to hide....I can really appreciate that because it is no fun having to pretend and lie. Some of us can and some can't. It is good to hear that you have done what is right for you personally.

Show more
Show less

Stu said,

Good on you Marcello...you can't beat living authentically. If you ever feel like you need some more support....Dad's like us meet fortnightly in SYD. See gamma.org.au

Show more
Show less

Stu said,

Good on you Marcello...you can't beat living authentically. If you ever feel like you need some more support....Dad's like us meet fortnightly in SYD. See gamma.org.au

Show more
Show less
Stu said,
End of thread

Or I am regularly on hear and have gone through the same thing if you want to chat

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply