15/05/20

Views

Replies

Created: 15/05/20
Views: 519
Replies: 3

Ohioguy said,
Beginning of thread

Hello from Ohio USA. I'm a 59 yr old man, married nearly 36 years, and finally trying to come to terms with my same sex attraction. In the past 2 years, I have acted on the attraction in unhealthy ways. My wife is aware of this and I am now seeing a good counselor. I would like to develop friendships with other guys in similar situations. Any replies appreciated. Thanks!

Show more
Show less

Jimbo said,

Hi Ohioguy.
I think you've definitely found an online community that can relate and understand the complexities of your situation and experience. I myself was previously in relationships with wonderful women at different times, while trying to hide and suppress my attraction to men.

Very few aspects of our lives are as intimately personal and important as our key relationships, our sexual desires, and our opinions about our own identities. As you've mentioned, these can be in conflict and unresolved for years and years before we decide or feel able to address the tensions.

It's great to hear that you have reached out for professional support - none of us can handle this alone.

Are you feeling any closer to deciding what you ultimately want your life to look like? (No pressure to answer if that answer is too personal or too big).
Jimbo

Show more
Show less

Guy_Little said,
End of thread

So good that you have reached out, Ohioguy

I was previously married 29 years and have two beautiful sons. All the while knowing that I am gay since 8 years old. So, I hear where you are coming from.

One of the things that supported me was getting professional help. I tried to do it alone ... and was unsuccessful. I am happy to say that I have lived my authentic self for the past 4 years. It's been a journey of highs and lows. But, I would do it all again and I have not looked back.

Looking forward to chatting some more when you're ready.

Best regards
Guy

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply