10/01/21

Views

Replies

Created: 10/01/21
Views: 527
Replies: 4

Damian said,
Beginning of thread

I just recently came out to my partner of 12 years after suffering from severe anxiety and depression for the last 5 months. She is trying to be supportive but I am experiencing a lot of shame and guilt. Does anyone know a good therapist that specializes in this? I need help.

Show more
Show less

Josh said,

Hey there Damian, thanks for reaching out to the DALE community. What you’re going through is something many of us here have gone through - and it’s hard. But you’re definitely not alone!

We have a number of referrals listed in the ‘Support’ tab at the top of the page that you can choose from which are arranged by which state you reside in (plus a few national hotlines). All of these referrals will have experience talking about what you’re going through so you’ll be in good hands! I can recommend GAMMA (NSW), Thorne Harbour Health (VIC) Switchboard (VIC/TAS) and SAMESH (SA) in particular.

Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Show more
Show less

Damian said,

Thanks Josh,
I'm not in Australia unfortunately, so I was looking for online options. Do you know if any of those referrals provide that service? I checked but couldn't find any.

Show more
Show less

Josh said,
End of thread

Hi Damian. Apologies but I am not aware of any international supports - there may be some relevant supports in your home country though! Hopefully someone else on this forum can make some recommendations. You are also always welcome to join our live chats or face-to-face online sessions to connect with likeminded guys.

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply