24/11/20

Views

Replies

Created: 24/11/20
Views: 2853
Replies: 16

Reply hidden by moderator 23/02/22

andrewgm3 said,

I'm just wondering if this service is still active? Are there any forums or live chats? I'm looking for someone to talk to seriously about these issues. Thank you.

Show more
Show less
PaulSamesh said,

Hi Andrew this service is definately still active. The site is currently undergoing a make-over to make it better and more user friendly. We do have Peers available to have a chat with and will be re-starting our live chats soon too. I will let our peers know to introduce themselves and they will be able to chat.

Show more
Show less

Brt23 said,

Recently retired ex services and struggling with civilian life and finally sexuality. Servered inane theatres over the journey and struggling with the here and noe

Show more
Show less

Brt23 said,

Recently retired ex services and struggling with civilian life and finally sexuality. Servered inane theatres over the journey and struggling with the here and noe

Show more
Show less
Jimbo said,

Hi Brt23,
Sounds like a lot for anyone to deal with...moving from military to civilian life is a massive change, and then to be evaluating your sexuality and sexual identity. I hope you have supports in place, because a trustworthy confidant is really useful.

Obviously you're always welcome to chat anonymously here with the DALE community, but I also hope you'll click on the Support tab above if you ever need help.

On a personal note, I have experienced similar situations, both being a veteran, and being in relationships with women when I knew deep down I was more interested in guys.

Please remember you should never feel rushed to make any major changes, until you're ready, and can do so safely.

How are you managing your situation at the moment?

Jimbo

Show more
Show less

newGuy said,

Hi everyone, I recently came out to my wife and parents. It’s been a bit of a mess. Is there anyone in a similar situation in Brisbane who would like to chat?

Show more
Show less
Jimbo said,

Hi newGuy.
Firstly, thank you for sharing about your experience coming out to your wife and parents - that is undoubtedly an extremely sensitive and personal situation, which the community here at DALE is uniquely familiar with, since we are all in or have been in similar circumstances.

I hope you're coping...keeping yourself safe and well, despite the challenges.

Please remember if you ever need to talk, you have Peers here who understand the type of thing you're facing, and are good listeners.

If you ever need more help, like professional assistance, please click on the Support tab at the top of the website page.

I'm not based in Brisbane, but always happy to chat here on the Forums, and Live Chats whenever we have the chance.

Cheers,

Jimbo

Show more
Show less

andrewgm3 said,

I'm just wondering if this service is still active? Are there any forums or live chats? I'm looking for someone to talk to seriously about these issues. Thank you.

Show more
Show less
Jimbo said,

Hi andrewgm3.
Yes, the DALE community is definitely still active. Forum posts are a really good way to get your thoughts down in writing, anonymously, and since we're all Peers , either currently or previously in similar situations, we can listen and talk things through.

Live Chats are initiated by volunteer peers who act as moderators, and they're scheduled to fit around the volunteers' work, and other life commitments. This means they can be a little ad hoc, but we're trying to get more predictable and regular times happening.

I have a Friday Afternoon live chat going right now, if you're free to join.

Otherwise, will try to advertise the upcoming schedule in advance.

Cheers, Jimbo

Show more
Show less

Piandy said,

Show more
Show less

Piandy said,
End of thread

Looks like a common question is dale still active? I do wonder this now.
Same with other people here, I recently came out to my wife, family and friends. Definitely made a mess.

How do we push forward with this mess?

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply