Reply hidden by moderator 07/07/22

Jimbo said,

Hi Raffy, thanks for posting on the forum.
Firstly, apologies for the spam bot replies, I have removed them now - one of the challenges of an open internet site.

Secondly, you've raised some really important points related to what can make relationships challenging...
- Communicating with our partner,
- History, ex-partners, the fact that we all come with a past,
- Sex.. the specifics of how sexual desire and intimacy works for individuals in a relationship, which can fluctuate and evolve and be influenced by so many different non-sex factors as well.

You also mention some feelings of worry or insecurities about your partner's level of interest and engagement.

Obviously I'm no expert, since this is a peer- forum, and I don't pretend to have all the answers. But as a member of your community who's also experienced all of the above in my previous relationships, I can say I hope you persevere with the open and honest communication.

As hard as it can be, try not to compare yourself or what you have now with what he's told you of previous relationships - there's a reason those relationships ended...and it's much more positive to focus on where you both are now.

I also recommend trying to maximise the connection you have by focussing of what makes you both 'light up' and feel your happiest, especially the interests you share together.

All the best with it mate.

Jimbo

Show more
Show less

Please login or register to reply